Our school has been selected for the School Family Education (SFE) Programme funded by Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS). School Family Education (SFE) is one of the recommendations of Family Matters! Singapore [previously known as Public Education Committee on Family (PEC)].
This programme adopts a holistic family learning model by
- Equipping parents with effective parenting skills
- Providing students with life skills training
- Fostering bonding and strong family values through recreational activities
The parent-child relationship has much impact on the child’s academic achievements and positive attitudes and behaviour. Research has shown that family-school connections can improve a child’s learning too.
Our school is also a Family Life Ambassador. The Family Life Ambassador Programme aims to forge partnerships with the community to build confident and resilient families through promoting and implementing family life education.
Benefits of SFE Programme
Better understanding of their children
Better parent-child (family) relationships
Be a Family Life Education advocate and participate in parent support groups
- Development into socially adept individuals equipped with positive life skills
For school staff
- More commitment to better performance because their personal needs are taken care of
- Image as an ideal environment for learning and working.
- Schools gain much through minimal involvement from school staff, with school staff, in fact, being part of the target beneficiaries of the programme
- Better parent-school relationship
- Happier staff
For the community
- Benefit from a value-added image as an ideal place to raise a family
- Fosters community bonding and pride
With the strong support of our Parent Support Group and our Edgefield parents, we are confident that our SFE programme will be a success!